Friday, October 15, 2004

Ist day of Ramadhan

Ramadhan Daily Doa:

O Allah, on this day make my fasts the fasts of those who fast (sincerely), and my standing up in prayer of those who stand up in prayer (obediently), awaken me in it from the sleep of the heedless, and forgive me my sins , O God of the worlds, and forgive me, O one who forgives the sinners.

***************************************

Ramadan Mubarak
by Samantha Sanchez


Counting down the days to Eid
So I pray and fast and read
I go to the mosque and listen to Qur'an
All through the month of Ramadan
Ramadan's a blessed month
We give thanks and offer praise
We share with others and give sadaqa
For 29 or 30 days


Counting down the days to Eid
So I pray and fast and read
I go to the mosque and listen to Qur'an
All through the month of Ramadan
We wait for the crescent moon in the sky
To tell us when its time to fast
Then we wait again for the moon to come
To tell us which day is last
Counting down the days to Eid
So I pray and fast and read
I go to the mosque and listen to Qur'an
All through the month of Ramadan

When the last day is here
All the children shout with glee
We dress up nice and go to the prayer
Then after we get our eidOh the days of Ramadan!
How I wish they were not gone
I can't wait for next year


To say that Ramadan is here!

By: Samantha Sanchez