Saturday, October 16, 2004

2nd Ramadhan 1425H

Ramadhan Daily Doa

O Allah, on this day, take me closer towards Your pleasure, keep me away from Your anger and punishment, grant me the opportunity to recite Your verses (of the Qur'an), by Your mercy, O the most Merciful.

*************************************************

A Taste Sweeter than Honey

Haroon Sellars


A day of fasting is a
day of caution
Feeling fatigued from
desirous exhaustion

Pass or fail is a matter
of the unseen
So I must struggle on to keep
my record clean

A tune up for the soul much more vital
than a car
To clean up a sinful heart
encrusted like tar

It’s been a little while since I entered
into this state
I taste the bitterness of patience
during my tasteless wait

The sting of thirst
settles in
As well as painful memories
of sin

Realizing how much my soul
has been ignored
Realizing that true hunger
is distance from my Lord

Realizing careless words
that cut like a knife
Realizing I have never been
truly hungry in my life

Realizing I have much longer to go
than I thought
Realizing that purification is not a thing
easily bought

But it is a gift for the
sick and diseased
It is a gift from
a Lord well pleased

Like one searching all his life
for a lost treasure
Imagine living for one second
outside of this pleasure!

Oh how I hope that He is pleased with me
when I return
Oh how I hope to be shown my mistakes now
that I might learn

Learn to draw near
like those that draw nearest
Learn to make a place in my heart
where His rememberance is dearest

Thoughts crystal clear now
to see the ways of error
Reflection upon that Great Day
its rewards and its terror!

Clear is the way of the rejecters
who have fled from His Light!
Clear is the way of the reflectors
who flow with insight

Increasing in certitude
of the Overwhelming Event!
Increasing sensitivity to how
time is spent

Followers of the Prophets
whose restraint gave them power!
Manifesters of tawheed
shaitan can’t devour

Oh consumers of the haram!
no surprise at how we’re behaving!
Why isn’t the halal sufficient
to satisfy our craving!?

Are you a Muslim
or a fool?
Please accept this invitation
to a pool

Fed by a river called kawthar
whiter than milk, sweeter than honey
For those who’s Lord was Allah
not sex, food and money!

Rejoicing that the life of this world
is a gonner
Waiting for that first glance
at the One full of Majesty, Bounty and Honor!

How joyful all these thoughts
as my heart seems to soften
Surely I should fast more often! :-)