Thursday, November 04, 2004

21 Ramadhan 1425H

Ramadhan daily Doa :


Wahai Tuhanku, berikanlah daku ilmu pengetahuan agama dan hubungkanlah daku dengan orang-orang yang soleh dan jadikanlah bagiku sebutan yang baik (nama yang harum) dalam kalangan orang-orang yang datang kemudian dan jadikanlah daku dari orang-orang yang mewarisi Syurga Jannatun-Naim.

(Surah Asy-Syu'araa', Ayat: 83-85).

******************************************************

A Parent's Prayer


Oh, God, make me a better parent.



Help me to understand my children, to listen patiently to
what they have to say,
and to answer all their questions kindly. Keep me from interrupting them,
talking back to them and contradicting them. Make me as courteous
to them as I would have them be to me. Give me the courage to confess
my sins against my children and to ask them forgiveness,
when I know that I have done them wrong.


May I not vainly hurt the feelings of my children. Forbid that I should
laugh at their mistakes or resort to shame and ridicule as punnishment.
Let me not tempt a child to lie and steal. So guide me hour by hour
that I may demonstrate by all I say and do that honesty produces happiness.



Reduce, I pray, the meaness in me. May I cease to nag;
and when I am out of sorts, help me, O Lord, to hold my tongue.



Blind me to the little errors of my children and help me to see the good
things that they do. Give me a ready word for honest praise.



Help me to treat my children as those of their own age,
but let me not exact of them the judgements and conventions of adults.
Allow me not to rob them of the opportunity to wait upon themselves,
to think, to choose, and to make decisions.



Forbid that I should ever punish them for my selfish satisfaction.
May I grant them all of their wishes that are reasonable and have
the courage always to withhold a privilege which I know will do them harm.



Make me so fair and just, so considerate and companionable
to my children that they will have a genuine esteem for me,
fit to be loved and imitated by my children.



With all thy gifts, O God, do give me calm and poise and self-control.


Amin Amin rabbal alamin.